Friday, November 20, 2015

The Best Compound Interest Calculator Widget Online

Ok, this is pretty sad to admit, but I didn't know what compound interest was until about 3 years ago. I knew what interest was (that $0.02 addition to my savings account every month), but I didn't understand the power of compounding interest over time. I'm pretty sure my brother still doesn't know what it means, because he told me it didn't apply to stocks.

I think this might be a similar issue with millennials overall, or anyone who got their first 'real' job during or after the recession. I only have a vague memory of the time when savings accounts gave more than 1% APY. And I owned a mutual fund in the late 90's that basically did nothing, until I cashed it in for a 10-speed mountain bike (which seemed much more important at the time).

I'm sure I'll devote much more time to compound interest in the future, but for right now I wanted to share the best compound interest calculator widget I've come across on the internet. I was even thinking about buying a subscription just to embed it on my own site. It's very simple to use and doesn't just spit out a balance, it shows the balance over time in both a graph and a table.

Head over to CalculateStuff.com to check it out!

Share this


0 Comments

Powered by Blogger.